Monday, February 15, 2010

and the best four years of my life hands down goes to...

"a wise person once said "i live a life of solitude, adaptable only to changes i deem worthy of my acceptance...worthiness is in the eye of the beholder"

HIGH SCHOOL

Thanks to the media, I am periodically updated on the life of a very good high school friend of mine and I update him with my new episodes as well. I was telling him of some of the troubles I've been experiencing and he quoted me advice from my very own mouth, my very own blog if I believe (I am not going to go through the archives, I'm just not lol). That's where my stank went. I've forgotten my own declarations of who I am. I do live a life of solitude. And yes, it is adaptable only to changes I deem worthy of my acceptance. Damn...I tell you when you need some reassurance or a slap in the face, a good, true friend comes in handy. Even though I am approaching my last year of college and have made some memories here on the SUNY New Paltz campus, hands down, the BEST four years of my life will always be...high school.

it isn't that my pen won't speak
she is just afraid of her words
her breath becoming misty in the wind
she likes it warm inside
enclosed behind her curtain lips
never having to worry about coats
scarves
gloves
but you,
you bring a chill
a shiver that wraps around bones
makes her wanna holla
and if she ever took the cap off
she'd scare you with her sermons
so much so you'd wish church could never be found in your heart
but its there...
at the very forefront of your altar
where she will find
her voice

On another note, this came out because I wanted to say something to her. She wants me to write for her but doesn't understand how I can bust a semi-good (in my opinion) poem out for a program, but I can't sit myself down to write for her. It isn't that I don't want to, oh gosh, I really really want to, I just don't know what to write anymore or how to write it. Give me time, just...give me time...

2 comments:

riva. said...

don't you hate that? when your own advice comes back to haunt you unexpectedly....and you realize you haven't been living by it...

ty said...

word! it's like damn, other ppl listening to my advice and getting inspired by how im living my life and im slacking...smh